Now that your offer has been accepted, it’s time to switch gears and get prepared for your closing. Here is a checklist to help you for the next step of the Buying Process:
To Do A.S.A.P
- Earnest Money Deposit should be deposited as agreed upon in the sales contract.
- Property Inspection should be done ASAP to determine if any repairs are needed.
- Lender Docs need to be turned into the Lender after the inspection and any additional documents requested should be provided in a timely manner.
- Review the Title Commitment once it is received from the Title Company. Ask your Real Estate Agent for clarification on anything you don’t understand.
- Appraisal should be ordered as soon as you have performed your inspection and resolved any possible issues.
- Insurance needs to be selected by the Home Owner. This information must be shared with the lender and title company.
- Turn on Utilities by scheduling the date they will be transferred into your name.
- Schedule the Closing early for a convenient time slot.
- Final Walk Through should be done just before closing to make sure everything is as it should be.
- Close the Deal, Be on time. Bring a check in the correct amount and your photo ID.