Selling your home has become more complicated over the years. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to help you get started with this exciting process!
- Prepare to sell your home. Cleaning and de-cluttering are a good place to start.
- Find an agent. Between all the forms, inspections, financing, pricing, marketing, negotiating: it just makes sense to work with an agent who is already trained in the field. It’s always a wise choice to hire a professional, as they can guide you through the process.
- Set the listing price. There are numerous factors which go into setting a price for your home. Some of those are current market values, interest rates, and your neighborhood. Home selling is an art form and a science all in one. You ultimately have the final say in the listing price, make sure you have the advice of someone who knows the market to help guide you in this decision.
- Marketing is key, so make a plan. You and your agent need to discuss how to market your home, a great agent will have all kinds of unique ideas to help market your home. Some would even say Legendary.
- Negotiate the offers. Once you get an offer or two for your home, things can become complicated. Consider all factors and discuss with your agent to make the best decision.
- Time to settle. Once you have a signed contract with the buyer, you will likely feel you can breathe a little better. However, now it’s time for you to get to the settlement table.
- Moving time. Depending on the terms set, you may have little time to move. This is where step 1 (Prepare to sell your home) comes in handy. Hopefully you will already have things organized and now you’ll be ready to pack some boxes!